Exciting Payroll Manager opportunity to join the Head Office of a fast-growing Services business based near Basildon. This is an excellent opportunity to join the business during an exciting transition period for the Payroll team. You will operate as the escalation point to resolve issues and continuously look for improvements in operational processes and designs and implement those initiatives. Although a dual role with UK and overseas, this position will be responsible for the overseas payroll processing (US, Asia, Europe) across multiple payrolls. You will work alongside the existing Payroll manager, who will focus on the UK payrolls, although there will be a crossover and some UK payroll work is expected. It will be an 18-month contract initially, although I believe it will become permanent in future.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Ensure that staff on all payrolls are paid accurately and on-time, in accordance with all relevant pay dates
* Make all statutory and voluntary deductions from pay, and ensure that accurate and timely payments are made to all third parties
* Ensure that all UK payroll processing is undertaken in accordance with all relevant legislation
* Maintain knowledge of applicable regulations, and advise the business stakeholders as appropriate to ensure compliance in all regulatory matters
* Review current reporting, and identify process improvement opportunities
* Devise and implement regular audit checks in advance of an annual audit process
* CIPP qualified
* Excellent communications skills
* Preparation and submission of P11Ds
* Strong Excel experience, with the aptitude for learning new systems
* Subject matter expert in respect of all aspects of UK payroll processing
* Understanding how GDPR affects the payroll function
* Demonstrable experience of managing multiple overseas payrolls
* Systems administration experience would be desirable
* Experience in using MHR’s ‘iTrent’ software would be desirable
This is a brilliant opportunity for a confident, pro-active, pragmatic and driven individual with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. You should have gained experience in a similar role, managing a large payroll across multiple sites, managing a medium/large sized team. Although you will be focused on process improvement and development of the team, you should also be willing to remain hands-on, leading by example. You should also demonstrate project management skills. If you would like to discuss this outstanding opportunity, please contact Daryl Hughes at Whitelist Talent.
Candidates without the relevant payroll experience will not be contacted unless cover letter provided explaining why they should be considered.
Whitelist Talent is a professional boutique recruitment firm specialising in Connecting Fresh Talent with Top Employers across Essex into Finance & HR functions. Whitelist Talent is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.