Management Accountant – £40,000
Management Accountants: If you enjoy the challenge of a business that is expanding and continually adapting and developing then read on…
They are looking for someone who flourishes in a fast-paced, developing and sometimes enigmatic environment where it’s not just about getting things done – it’s also about “how” you get things done and help others to do the same.
Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be an intelligent and commercially focused professional. Taking accountability for the preparation of management accounts, financial reporting and liaison with external auditors, as well as providing monthly analysis and commentary to senior management.
If you are able to establish trust and credibility and are excited about being an impetus to drive change then they want you to be part of their talented team!
This opportunity might be for you if:
- You have a good sense of humour!
- You strive to have fun even in a results driven environment.
- You are motivated and ambitious. You volunteer for new tasks without waiting to be asked and you’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with them and truly make a difference.
- You think on your feet. You like learning new things, and you can learn quickly. When things change you know how to roll with the punches.
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
- You pay attention to detail. As far as you are concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time.
- You don’t flap under pressure. If you don’t know the answer, you’ll dig until you find it.
- You are patient, level headed and cool under pressure.
A typical day:
- Production of monthly group management accounts in line with month end timetable.
- Overseeing the production of management accounts for international subsidiaries.
- Calculation of commissions and provision of information to the HR Manager for payroll.
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of intercompany transactions.
- Provision of analysis and information as required to support senior management.
- Supporting group subsidiaries.
- Multiple P&Ls
- Assisting with the production of group budgets and forecasts.
- Ensure that full balance sheet reconciliations are produced monthly prior to month end close for sign off by Head of Finance.
- Overseeing VAT and Intrastat return
What they’re looking for:
- Studying ACCA / CIMA / ACA
- Demonstrable previous experience in industry or practice
- You will have the ability to quickly understand complex business and will relish the challenge that this brings.
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to deal with large datasets.
- Advanced Excel skills will be required to structure and analyse data.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills alongside exceptional planning, time management and prioritisation skills are essential.
This is a great opportunity for a Management Accountant to join a fantastic business who invests in their people and offers great career progression for the right individual. If this role sounds of interest please apply now to be considered.
Candidates without finance experience will not be contacted.
Whitelist Talent is a professional boutique recruitment firm specialising in Connecting Fresh Talent with Great Employers across the region into finance & hr functions. Whitelist Talent is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.